At 07:55 PM 2/4/2004 +0100, Pierre-Alain Joye wrote:
> A couple of issues we'd like to decide onbefore we go out with beta 4
> are:

One "issue" I would like to put in the light again. The internal ZE
2 APIs. One "issue" here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-dev&m=107367078904900&w=2

The main problem with a too early beta/rc release is we (well you ;) )
have to be sure that the ZE2 apis works the way it should. And not only
from the php side. For the good all php extensions that are not bundled
with the php releases (and I'm not thinking only about pecl :) ).

Yeah we looked at it today. It seems to be a bit of a problem. The correct way of doing this is to nuke get_properties() and only use set/get overloading handlers. However, it would mean that extension writers who want foreach() to work would have to implement iterator interface.
I'm not quite sure how to go on this one. IMO get_properties() should not be used with non-PHP objects.

Andi