== Quote from Marcus Boerger ([EMAIL PROTECTED])'s article
> as i said before there is a reason for that: I played a long time with
> exceptions until they became what they are right now. And and attempt
> to increase the visibility of one of its members can be used to make it
> SEGV. So i don't want more visibility. Also where is the reason? You can
> read everything just fine and you can overload you exception to print out
> better formatted output and whatever. The only place where you need to
> change such member in derived classes is when you are using exceptions
> as flow control. And duing so is violating exception rule number two. So
> don't expect this to be changed.

Before B4, I had my own exception base class with all the features implemented within
the PHP's Exception (stack dump, ...), but without any limitation. I also remember
that someone sent a "99%" equivalent of the Exception class.

So the interface would certainly be the best for everybody. Exception class for many
people, IException (or whatever the name) for people that want more flexibility.
Compared with Timm's patch, I would also have a getTrace() method, to allow PHP to
dump the stack.

For sure, a "catch all" will be now implemented as catch(IException $e)...

Stephane