On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, Andi Gutmans wrote:

> I think that functional context should continue to work as usual, but
> there's a big advantage to be able to catch problems with try/catch and not
> have to if() each internal function call separately (which you probably
> don't do :)
> I don't see a problem with OOP extensions throwing exceptions.

I agree. I don't think we should modify the functional context at
all.

However, uf bundled extensions don't throw exceptions (or even worse,
some do and some don't) then why did we both implementing exceptions?
How can anyone rationally design an application when half of their
problems issue errors and the other half throw exceptions? That's a
recipe for disaster.

-adam

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]