AG>>There will be type hints for arrays too. Obviously, with PHP's dynamic
AG>>typing we can't have type hints for scalar values.

Well, with arrays it's the same thing - any non-array (while null being
array for the matter) default should not be accepted. Here it's more
complicated since we can have constant arrays, which we may or may not to
allow (I think it's a simple compile-time check anyway, so it may be good
to allow array initializers).
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Zend Products Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.zend.com/ +972-3-6139665 ext.115