On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 21:04:36 +0200, Andi Gutmans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't think having php.net run PHP 5 is a pre-requisite for a release.

What high traffic site is PHP5 RCx powering at the moment?
Where is PHP5 being stress tested?
How many people have deployed it for non-academic purposes?

Running php.net on PHP5 isn't about making php.net run better, its
about making PHP5 run better.  In the PHP4 days, as you remember, we
were running PHP4 on php.net since beta 1, why have we not switched to
php5 since beta 1?

I understand that deployment must come after the release for the
majority of sites out there, but that is all the more reason that we
should take every opportunity we have to test it in a real world
circumstance before releasing it onto the public.

-Sterling