At 10:28 20/06/2004, Stanislav Malyshev wrote:
SH>>Perhaps we should try running php.net and zend.com on php5 before we
SH>>release?  if we're not even eating our own dogfood yet, it seems
SH>>premature to release.

As for zend.com, I don't think this is going to happen before the release,
if the release dates are what they are announced.
Also, I understand PHP4 is far from being dead or unusable, so I don't see
the reason why not to use it :)

We'll actually try to move something on www.zend.com to PHP 5 before the release, but definitely not the whole of it. It's a much more complicated site than www.php.net is, though, so it will take longer to actually migrate the whole of it.

I don't think it reflects on the quality of PHP 5. It does reflect on the fact that migrating is a bit scary.

Did anybody try to run www.php.net (a replica, that is) on PHP 5?

Zeev