Nah, I dread the INI word. It makes applications less portable.
I prefer rolling back than doing this.

Andi

At 10:09 AM 7/16/2004 -0700, Sara Golemon wrote:
"Andi Gutmans" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I don't think it's critical to include this patch, but I do think it'd be
> good thing.
> Do you really think it'll break BC for many applications? How many people
> have functions that use null(), false(), true()?

I know people hate the dreaded "ini option" word.  But how about one for
this?  That'd let the optimization work for the 99% of scripts that don't
need to implement null(), true(), and false(), and allow those rare few to
simply disable it for BC.

# Note: I'm no lexx expert, this syntax may not even make sense

<ST_IN_SCRIPTING>"TRUE" {
  if (CG(fast_constants)) {
    ZVAL_TRUE(zendlval);
    return T_TRUE;