On Mon, 2 Mar 2020 at 14:46, Marco Pivetta <ocram...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The code above is NOT going to pass a code review.

It may not pass a code review *from you*, but I don't think your high
standards are a good benchmark for the way PHP is used throughout the world.

Let's put it this way: if my RFC passes, and the following day an RFC makes
it redundant by changing integer coercion in general, I will be happy. If
an alternative is proposed which makes -- an error on arguments where both
-1 and ++ are silently accepted, I will voice my dissent (I don't have a
formal vote).

If you feel that the BC break is too great, even in the null decrement
case, feel free to vote No, and keep the current WTF in the language.

Regards,
--
Rowan Tommins
[IMSoP]