On 01/03/2020 21:23, Rowan Tommins wrote:
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/increment_decrement_fixes

Hi all,

I have just posted a substantially rewritten version of the above RFC.

* The proposal to change boolean behaviour has been dropped.
* More justification has been included for treating nulls differently.
* The suggestion of raising errors just for the currently broken operators has been explicitly addressed.

I would urge anyone who reacted instinctively to the original proposal to read this version, and engage with the reasoning it presents, even if they disagree with my conclusions.

Thanks,

--
Rowan Tommins (né Collins)
[IMSoP]