On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 at 16:43, Marco Pivetta <ocram...@gmail.com> wrote:

> `Attribute` is certainly too generic, and will needlessly collide with code
> in the wild.

I wonder how true that is, precisely because it *is* so generic, so people
will likely have used it with a prefix or in their own namespace. It might
be interesting to get some stats before burdening the language with more
inconsistency.

> I suggest circling back to the `PHP\` namespace discussion, and having
> `PHP\Attribute` if you really have a problem with current naming.

That would be a second-best, in my opinion; less arbitrary than
"PhpAttribute", but still awkwardly inconsistent with the rest of the
language unless we have plans to move other things that feel like the same
category, such as Throwable, Exception, Closure, etc.

Regards,
--
Rowan Tommins
[IMSoP]