On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 3:40 PM Rowan Tommins <rowan.coll...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 at 14:08, Benjamin Eberlei <kont...@beberlei.de>
> wrote:
>

> > On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 11:28 AM Peter Bowyer <phpmailingli...@gmail.com
> >
> > wrote:
> >

> >> I have voted no because I asked a question about the ending delimiter
> and
> >> why () didn't count. Another person asked a similar question and neither
> >> of
> >> us got a reply.
> >>

> > () does not count as ending symbol, because it is not required, as such
> > its not an ending symbol.
> >

> The question asked was that _if the parentheses were made mandatory_, would
> this provide the same benefits ascribed to the other syntaxes?
>
> To avoid repeating myself, here are the previous posts where I elaborated
> on this question:
>
> * https://externals.io/message/111312#111342
> * https://externals.io/message/111312#111354

For me It would indeed make a slight difference, but not wanting to speak
for Theodore, I believe he did not want to add this as another option to
vote upon, when I asked him. based on the argument that new also doesn't
require () it makes sense to me.

And for me I didn't want to add it, because then we can just go back to
<<>>, which would at least be symmetrical. I.e. @@Jit() vs <<Jit>>