> On Aug 10, 2020 at 11:02 AM,  <Ilija Tovilo (mailto:tovilo.il...@gmail.com)>
> wrote:
>

>  Hi Mike  >  $card_html =  <<<HTML  <div id="card-{$card->id}" class="card
> {$card?->css}">  {$card->content}  </div>  HTML; Two things: 1. We're solely
> talking about string interpolation without braces {}. You're using braces in
> your example and this does indeed work right now.

Thank you for clarifying.    That was not obvious to me.

 If it was explicitly mentioned in the thread and I missed it, I apologize.

>  2. The semantics of ?->  are different than you're depicting them to be in
> this example. ?->  will only short-circuit if $card is null, not when the
> property "css" is not defined. Thus, if $card was null your example would've
> already failed at $card->id.

Good point. I was remembering a frequent problem but did not convey the
use-case correctly so please let me update it:

>  class="card {$card->attributes?->css}"
>

>         The only real information I was trying to convey was that when
> generating HTML there is a frequent need to output a value if one exists but
> output nothing otherwise. So hopefully this time I got the usage correct for
> this new feature.

 -Mike

 P.S.    I would have tested it before sending, but I do not have a local PHP
install that I can test this syntax with yet.