On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 10:39 AM Rowan Tommins <rowan.coll...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 at 16:31, Theodore Brown <theodor...@outlook.com> wrote:
>
> > Anyway, please do add easy typeability to the matrix
>
> How would you measure "easy typability"? On what keyboard layout?
> Would you write "Yes" and "No", or "quite easy", or marks out of 10?

Hi Rowan,

I would suggest "Kinds of symbols used".

@@ is easier since it only uses one kind of symbol, rather than
switching between two or three symbols which are often on different
sides of the keyboard.

> > fact that the @@ syntax makes attributes easier to grep for.
>
> The same question: how do you summarise this in a table? Complexity
> of the regex? Number of false positives in some representative code
> base?

This can be a simple Yes or No. With @@ or @: you can type those
symbols followed by the attribute name to grep for it. With the other
syntaxes and attribute grouping, if the name isn't unique it may be
difficult to search for since you can't rely on a unique leading symbol.

> As I've said before, the table would be useful if it was a re-cap of
> arguments discussed in prose elsewhere, but it is not on its own a good
> source of information for making a decision.

Generally I agree, the table is not particularly helpful in making a
decision here.

Regards,
Theodore