On Tue, Aug 11, 2020, at 11:54 AM, Theodore Brown wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 11:36 AM Rowan Tommins <rowan.coll...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> What will you grep for if you want to find all places where the Route
> attribute is used (but not some other class named Route)?

I'd go to the Route attribute class in my IDE, right click, and select "find
usages."

I'll be honest, 75% of the points made in this thread seem spurious to me,
regardless of which syntax they're supporting.  (FTR, I don't have an
especially strong opinion either way other than marginally liking having a
closing sigil.)

For the BC potential of #[], as a library author it doesn't make much
difference to me.  I will likely add attribute support to Tukio soon after PHP
8 is released, but I'll just be reading from the Reflection API if available,
in addition to the existing mechanisms I have in place.  Which syntax a given
listener uses (<<>>, @@, @[], #[], etc.) doesn't matter at that point, only the
reflection API does.  So opt-in attribute support can happen regardless of the
syntax.

(I know, I'm one of the people who pointed out the BC potential of #[]
previously, but at least for the use cases i can foresee it's not actually
relevant.)

--Larry Garfield