On Sun, Aug 16, 2020 at 12:36 PM Benjamin Eberlei <kont...@beberlei.de> wrote:

> We have updated the RFC with all (hopefully) of the feedback from this
> discussion:
>
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/shorter_attribute_syntax_change
>
> Most notable changes are:
> - A new section with several subsections on the benefits of a closing
> delimiter / enclosing syntax.
> - A section on grouping pro/cons
> - Inclusion of @: as per Theodores request
>
> We are looking for further feedback from the community.

Thanks for the work. Looks good.
An idea.

Would the syntax @<Attr> be able to obtain a "No" on the "Breaks BC of
valid PHP 7 code" section while still being more or less the same as
#[Attr] or @[Attr] considering other features?
BTW, I'm thinking that it's good to have a "No" there.

Sorry if proposing another syntax is making this an even more complex problem.

Regards,
Alex