On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 10:59 AM Alexandru Pătrănescu <dreal...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 16, 2020 at 12:36 PM Benjamin Eberlei <kont...@beberlei.de>
> wrote:
> >
> > We have updated the RFC with all (hopefully) of the feedback from this
> > discussion:
> >
> > https://wiki.php.net/rfc/shorter_attribute_syntax_change
> >
> > Most notable changes are:
> > - A new section with several subsections on the benefits of a closing
> > delimiter / enclosing syntax.
> > - A section on grouping pro/cons
> > - Inclusion of @: as per Theodores request
> >
> > We are looking for further feedback from the community.
>
> Thanks for the work. Looks good.
> An idea.
>
> Would the syntax @<Attr> be able to obtain a "No" on the "Breaks BC of
> valid PHP 7 code" section while still being more or less the same as
> #[Attr] or @[Attr] considering other features?
> BTW, I'm thinking that it's good to have a "No" there.
>
> Sorry if proposing another syntax is making this an even more complex
> problem.

It is ok to propose another syntax, at this point in time we are working
around the @ and [] symbols, because of their familiarity with other
languages attribute syntax.

There is probably 100 potential syntaxes that we could use, @<> is a bit
hard on the eyes as is <<>>, so i wouldn't call it a game changer in
contrast to what we have already, so I would rather not include it.