On Sat, Apr 24, 2021 at 2:56 PM Pierre <pierre-...@processus.org> wrote:

> Le 24/04/2021 à 12:55, Saif Eddin Gmati a écrit :
> > Hello Internals,
> >
> > I'm sending this email to open discussion about sealed classes,
> > interfaces, and traits feature for PHP 8.1.
> >
> > I have create a Draft RFC here:
> > https://wiki.php.net/rfc/sealed_classes
> > <https://wiki.php.net/rfc/sealed_classes>
> >
> > A major concern for few people have been the syntax, in which it
> > introduces 2 new keywords into the languages, therefor, i have added a
> > section about alternative syntax which could be used to avoid this
> > problem.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Saif.
>
> Hello,
>
> And why not using an attribute, such as in HackLang ?

+1 on this, I said the same on the "never/noreturn" RFC. There is a much
less invasive way to add new keywords/flags to functions by using
attributes.

Imho this decouples new features from the language and reduces the "risk"
of adding them to the language. That should increase the likeliness of it
getting accepted in my opinion.