On Wed, 16 Jun 2021 at 17:17, Larry Garfield <la...@garfieldtech.com> wrote:

> Hi folks.  The vote for the Partial Function Application RFC is now open,
> and will run until 30 June.
>
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/partial_function_application

I like. People have either experienced the need for this or they haven't.
Ask me a month ago and I would have said "pfft, waste of time and language
bloat" but I changed my mind recently after running into issues in
JavaScript and discovering I needed partial function application to fix it
cleanly (vs a mess of mixed function calls and closure-wrapped function
calls).

I am a little ambivalent as I do feel the RFC's complexity has grown - I
would be happy without the variadic placeholder being included if it's a
choice between no partial function application or placeholders only. But if
I don't want to use variadic placeholders, hey I can omit them from my code.

Peter