On Fri, Jul 23, 2021, 11:58 Nicolas Grekas <nicolas.gre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> as proposed by Nikita and Joe, I'm submitting this late RFC for your
> consideration for inclusion in PHP 8.1. Intersection types as currently
> accepted are not nullable. This RFC proposes to make them so.
>
> I wrote everything down about the reasons why here:
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/nullable_intersection_types
>
> Please have a look and let me know what you think.

Given the discussion, I think it might be better to remove all other syntax
alternatives other than (X&Y)|null. There are persons here that mentioned
they wish to wait for 8.2 than agree with 2/3 on the feature where the
syntax might not be the most forward compatible one.

One alternative could be to agree on a voting scheme where there could be 3
- No.
- Yes, but only with (X&Y)|null.
- Yes, any syntax, with additional vote on preferred syntax
aiming for 2/3 on the second or third option.

Regards,
Alex