On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 1:20 AM Stanislav Malyshev <smalys...@gmail.com>
>  I'm not sure if anyone is maintaining it right now - but
> it'd be nice to have changes to counter that

The code for bugs.php.net has a huge amount of tech debt and is a
scary thing to touch.

On Mon, 4 Oct 2021 at 09:46, Nikita Popov <nikita....@gmail.com> wrote:
> part of the motivation to switch to
> GitHub Issues (which requires authentication and thus can be moderated
> effectively).

When this was raised before, people seemed to have two concerns:
* not having a single linear history of bugs.
* having to risk losing a whole load of bug reports if the PHP project
ever moves away from using Github.

If we:
* Close bugs.php.net to all new bugs, except maybe those created by
logged in php.net accounts.
* Prevent any non-logged in users from commenting.
* Mirror any new bugs created on github to bugs.php.net with the
appropriate packages etc.
* Mirror comments + updates from github to bugs.php.net.

that would address both those concerns.

Github now supports Templates* for issue forms, these could be setup
so users still select "Package affected", "PHP version" etc

I'm prepared to do that work...if it sounds like a sensible plan to
others and the work wouldn't be wasted.

cheers
Dan
Ack