On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 6:00 PM Andreas Heigl <andr...@heigl.org> wrote:

> Hey list.

<snip>

> Which performance improvement of the "original state" of the RFC? As
> that was one of the questions that were not 100% answered: What are the
> benefits for the language. And while those 8 bit that Nikita mentioned
> in the "Motivation" part of the RFC look nice, he also stated that "this
> is a fairly long-term benefit that will require additional technical
> work to realize".

I think these two messages might have some information about the
performance improvements:
https://externals.io/message/115800#115848
https://externals.io/message/115800#115872

Yes, maybe not everything was captured in the final RFC text. I also think
all the evaluated options should have been present in the RFC as it brings
more context to voters.

Regards,
Alex