On 09/12/2021 05:22, André Hänsel wrote:
This is very useful because I can add an optional parameter to a function
and prevent users of my function from using the parameter in a positional
way. This way I don't have to make a compatibility promise to never change
the position of this parameter.

I would much prefer we could find a way to give this proper support rather than a hack.

I frequently use large numbers of named arguments and would very much like to be able to knock out the ability to use positional arguments, thus ensuring I can change the order (e.g. inserting a new argument after a related one) without a BC break.