On 6 January 2022 19:51:46 GMT, Robert Korulczyk <rob...@korulczyk.pl> wrote:
>You're talking about classes that use traits, but I'm talking about traits
>themselves. If I open a class in editor, there is a straightforward way to
>check if specific method is implementation of an interface - check interfaces
>implemented by class and if one of them have this method, then this
>method is implementation of this interface, and editor can properly mark it
>and handle navigation between implementation in class and declaration in
>interface.

Ah, I see what you're getting at now. I've never particularly had the need to
jump between an interface and a trait, but then I very rarely use traits at all.

In your use cases, are these traits generally *using* the interface methods, or
*implementing* them? For instance, you might have a trait that *requires* the
LoggerInterface because it makes use of its methods, so you want to jump to
their documentation when viewing those uses; or you might have a trait that
helps *implement* the LoggerInterface, and you want to link each method to the
definition in the interface that it implements. Is one of these situations more
common than the other, in your experience?

Regards,

--
Rowan Tommins
[IMSoP]