On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 8:05 AM Tim Düsterhus, WoltLab GmbH <
duester...@woltlab.com> wrote:

> Hi Internals!
>
> this is a follow-up for my "Pre-RFC" email from last Friday, January, 7th.
>
> Christoph Becker granted me RFC editing permissions and I've now written
> up our proposal as a proper RFC:
>
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/redact_parameters_in_back_traces
>
> I recommend also taking a look at my previous email:
>
> https://externals.io/message/116847
>
> It contains some additional context that did not really fit within the
> language of a "neutral" RFC that will remain as the permanent record.
>
> - As indicated within the RFC and my previous email we still need a more
> experienced developer for the final implementation, as I have next to no
> experience with PHP's implementation.
>
> Specifically adding this attribute to existing functions is not clear to
> me. It is probably required to update the stub parser/generator to add
> support for attributes? If someone creates an example implementation for
> one function, I'll likely be able to apply this to other functions myself.
> - The RFC Impact to Opcache is not clear to me. I don't believe there is
> any, but I am not sure. So if someone knows, I'm happy to update that
> section.

If someone can inject a debug_backtrace into your code and get it executed
you have bigger problems than a parameter being exposed. And if you
configure your prod servers to be all chatty Kathy to the world on error,
you need to learn how to do better. A change to the language is not in
order here.