On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 2:47 AM Mark Randall <marand...@php.net> wrote:

> Let's open a discussion as to what we might want to do in the future,
> and depending on how things shake out, we can decide what route to take
> with regards to bringing RFCs to vote.

My personal opinion: there should be no old style errors, warnings or
notices. I don't want to have any more situations like "Oh, there was
something wrong with your code. Hope you'll notice this in your error logs.
Meanwhile, the app will just kinda limp along, likely resulting in bogus
data/behavior." There should only be E_DEPRECATED for things that will
change in a future release and E_ERROR for rare situations that can't be
reasonably handled with exceptions (like  uh, unhandled exceptions and OOM
errors). Everything else should be an exception, period.

--
Best regards,
Max Semenik