On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 06:18:38PM +0100, Ilija Tovilo wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I have tried to address all the feedback I've received for the RFC to
> deprecate the ${} string interpolation.
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/deprecate_dollar_brace_string_interpolation

Could you please add, for the avoidance of doubt, that this will still work:

$foo = 'bar';
$baz = 'foo';

echo $$baz;     // generates bar
echo "$$baz";   // generates $foo

Yes: I know that you are talking about ${} but this is sufficiently messy that
clarity is needed.

Regards

--
Alain Williams
Linux/GNU Consultant - Mail systems, Web sites, Networking, Programmer, IT