On Thu, May 12, 2022, at 11:54 AM, Juliette Reinders Folmer wrote:
> After the prior discussion about the same topic:
> https://externals.io/message/117342, I have created an RFC to expand the
> scope of the deprecation notices being thrown for the deprecated
> partially supported callables to include is_callable() and the callable
> type in PHP 8.2.
>
> With this email I'm opening the two week discussion period for this RFC.
> All points raised in the prior discussion are already included in the RFC.
>
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/partially-supported-callables-expand-deprecation-notices
>
> I look forward to your feedback.
>
> Smile,
> Juliette

I didn't follow the earlier discussion in much detail, but the is_callable()
deprecation seems fine to me.

For the `callable` type declaration, I'm not opposed but is it redundant with
the existing deprecation?  When would you pass a callable to something and not
end up calling it anyway, which would trigger the existing deprecation?
(Meaning in practice you'd always get 2 deprecations, which are not necessarily
better than one.)

--Larry Garfield