On 2023-04-12 22:26, Rowan Tommins wrote:
I could just about live with that example changing so that the fallback was cached, but I definitely don't think an explicit call like \foo\strlen('x') should become an implicit alias for \strlen('x'), which is apparently the current proposal.

I really like the majority of this proposal, but right now would vote against it based on that.

I agree here, I missed that fact while reviewing the RFC as I just understood it as an internal cache that \foo\strlen => \strlen, but function_exists('foo\strlen') should still return false IMO until it is defined, and once it is defined the cache should be busted.

https://3v4l.org/VLW5O looks like correct behavior to me correctly.

Best,
Jordi

--