I just opened the vote for the "Increasing the default BCrypt cost" RFC.
> The RFC contains a two votes, one primary vote that requires a 2/3
> majority to pass and a secondary vote deciding on the new costs with a
> simple majority. Voting runs 2 weeks until 2023-10-05 17:45 UTC.
>
> Please find the following resources for your references:
>
> RFC Text: https://wiki.php.net/rfc/bcrypt_cost_2023
> Discussion Thread: https://externals.io/message/121004
> Feedback by a Hashcat team member on Fediverse:
> https://phpc.social/@tychotithonus@infosec.exchange/111025157601179075

Hi Tim,

For the record, I voted for 11 because I think it's nicer to end users (I
guess many don't know they could have a potential DoS vector via password
submissions), and also because it's going to be easy to raise again in
8.5/9.0.

I was wondering if you considered also raising the Argon2 default cost? Has
this been discussed?

Thanks for the RFC

Nicolas