Hi Hans,

> I think it'd be a good idea if they used FILTER_VALIDATE_BOOLEAN and
> FILTER_VALIDATE_INTEGER type logic, with an error if conversion fails..

This can be difficult. Forcing an error is highly likely to destroy the
existing user environment.

> I wonder if PDO::PARAM_BOOL_OR_NULL would be worthwhile

That's what I thought at first, but I think it might be a good idea to leave it
as a fallback, especially for NULL. In fact, there have been proposals to
deprecate PARAM_NULL in the past, but none have made it to the voting phase. I
have not looked into it in detail yet, but I suspect that during the discussion
stage, they may have come to the conclusion that it should not be abolished.

Regards.

Saki