On Mon, 18 Dec 2023, Jorg Sowa wrote:

> I have one question regarding the future changes. Do you see it would
> be possible to make amendment to the accepted RFCs by the Pull
> Requests (and formal RFC approach) making changes the existing
> policies or adding the new policy replacing the old ones? In other
> words, this repository would server as the collection of all ever
> accepted policies or it would contain the unified policy
> documentation?

It should contain the consolidated unified policy documentation that is
"currently" active.

The other option is what we currently have, and I am proposing to go
away from. So the idea is that this repository is not a
collection of the accepted policy *amendments* (or *replacements*),
as that's what the RFCs / PRs are still for.

> I'm asking because I saw the directory `archive`, and it contains
> expired RFC. I don't think this would help new contributors. For the
> history purposes it would be nice to have it in the git history, but
> for the PHP development process is not relevant anymore and is little
> overhead.

I didn't really know what to do with these documents in archive, as
they were sortof related to the release process/timeline document. I
suppose we don't need them, but they are not *wrong* or *outdated*.
Simply no longer needed as the time frame has passed.

cheers,
Derick