Hi Max,

Hi, I'd like to propose a new attribute, #[NotSerializable]. This
> functionality is already available for internal classes - userspace should
> benefit from it, too.
>
> The RFC: https://wiki.php.net/rfc/not_serializable
> Proposed implementation: https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/12788
>
> Please let me know what you think.

Regarding the inheritance-related behavior ("The non-serializable flag is
inherited by descendants"), this is very unlike any other attributes, and
this actively prevents writing a child class that'd make a parent
serializable if it wants to.

To me, if this is really the behavior we want, then the attribute should be
replaced by a maker interface.
Then, a simple "instanceof NotSerializable" would be enough instead of
adding yet another method to ReflectionClass.

Cheers,
Nicolas