Hi

On 4/6/24 17:54, Saki Takamachi wrote:
However, in the example from "RFC: Namespaces in bundled PHP extensions", the
acronyms are not camelcased. e.g. `FFI\FFI`, `OpenSSL`
In other words, the RFC can be interpreted as "excluding acronyms" implicitly.

This is correct, because the current class naming policy specifies that acronyms must be written in UPPERCASE. Thus the examples are consistent with the current policy.

Just to clarify: I agree with your RFC. However, I think it is best to avoid
vague statements where the meaning changes depending on interpretation, if
possible.

I've added namespaced examples:

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/class-naming-acronyms?do=diff&rev2%5B0%5D=1712350524&rev2%5B1%5D=1712419286&difftype=sidebyside

In fact, due to some ambiguity in the namespace RFC, I couldn't decide whether BCMath's
namespace should be "BcMath" or "BCMath”.

With the current policy it should be "BCMath", if my RFC passes it should be "BcMath". I think Bcmath would be fine as well, if you consider the extension name to be a single word.

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus