On 19/04/2024 18:42, Tim Düsterhus wrote:
The two weeks of discussion are over now, the RFC didn't receive any substantial changes after the initial proposal, and neither was there any significant content-related feedback after the first few days.

As such, I plan to open the vote early next week without making further changes to the RFC text.

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus

Hi Tim,

Not that my opinion counts for much, but I have to say I find this very odd.

Good class names:
Id // Identifier
ID // Identity Document

I understand the distinction you wish to make here, between an acronym and abbreviation, but I think it's a meaningless distinction. In this case, `Id` would be fine for "identifier", but "Identity Document" should simply be `IdentityDocument`. Whilst the distinction may seem meaningful to you, it certainly does not look that way to me; I think it would be difficult to remember and explain to someone else. Perhaps the tie breaker could be that it wouldn't be meaningful to an automated style checker, either. That is, it would be difficult to enforce this policy exception in any automated way. Why not just keep it simple and consistent here, disallowing runs of multiple upper-case letters?

Cheers,
Bilge