> As someone who has spent a number of years writing C#, the RFC look>
quite sane.
Same here.

> Removing it because "it complicates things" isn't really a good reason,
IMHO.
I think the same. FFI, for instance, is powerful but one can make a mess
with it.

> Then watching the feedback here, at the 11th hour, is super saddening.
Again, same here . If this feedback was given during the "heat of the
discussion", maybe it could lead the discussion to a place where less
variants would
be introduced on this first implementation and a shorter syntax could be
introduced later on, like the arrow functions were introduced after
anonymous functions.

Maybe if such a feedback was given before and it was decided to go for a
trimmed version of the feature, maybe Ilija/Larry could have had less work
to implement and test all the variantes they've done. I think if a person
has such numerous concerns, it should be exposed ASAP even if your thoughts
are not totally clear. If you had a chat directly with Ilija/Larry, they
would be aware of such concerns and would expend efforts to address these
concerns.

Regards,
Erick