Hi Saki,

Il 21/04/2024 15:00, Saki Takamachi ha scritto:
Hi internals,

Recently I've been working on an RFC regarding object support for BCMath. While
working on that, I learned of the following RFC:
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/namespaces_in_bundled_extensions

If we follow this RFC, is it reasonable to place subclasses of PDO under the
namespace "PDO”?

e.g.
```
PdoMysql => PDO\Mysql
PdoPgsql => PDO\Pgsql
PdoSqlite => PDO\Sqlite
PdoOdbc => PDO\Odbc
PdoDblib => PDO\Dblib
PdoFirebird => PDO\Firebird
```

We'll probably get a BC Break if try to fix this after 8.4 is released, so
before it's released is last chance to fix this safely.

If Tim's RFC under discussion is passed, the namespace will be "Pdo" instead of
"PDO”.
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/class-naming-acronyms

I would appreciate hearing your opinions.

I think you're right's it is almost a "now or never" situation.

It would feel a bit weird that the PDO class and its namespace are spelled different (Pdo\Mysql).

ATM, I'm +0 on this.

Cheers
--
Matteo Beccati