On 26 April 2024 09:40:57 BST, Mike Schinkel <m...@newclarity.net> wrote:

>Given a lack of agreed definition for 'since' it appears you are using narrow
>assumptions about the meaning of 'since' that led you to view 'since' as
>useless.

I can't see any ambiguity in the definition: "This function has been deprecated
since version 7.2" seems a straightforward English sentence, meaning that
before 7.2 it wasn't deprecated, and from that version onward it is.

If there's some alternative reading of it, it's not that I'm assuming it
doesn't apply, it's that I'm completely unaware of what it might be.

Regards,
Rowan Tommins
[IMSoP]