On Thu, May 2, 2024 at 1:00 PM Benjamin Außenhofer <kont...@beberlei.de>
wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 23, 2024 at 3:27 PM Benjamin Außenhofer <kont...@beberlei.de>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi internals,
>>
>> My PR for #[\Deprecated] attribute was in hibernation for a long while
>> now and after some off-list discussion a few weeks ago I have decided to
>> revisit it and asked Tim to help me out with the work.
>>
>> Tim has cleaned up the PR quite a bit and also worked in additional
>> features such as #[Deprecated] support in stub generation.
>>
>> While there are still some small todos, at this point we want to restart
>> the discussion about the RFC for inclusion in 8.4:
>>
>> RFC: https://wiki.php.net/rfc/deprecated_attribute
>> PR: https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/11293
>> Old discussion: https://externals.io/message/112554#112554
>>
>> Let me know about your questions and feedback.
>>
>> greetings
>> Benjamin
>>

> We have updated the RFC and PR to include #[Deprecated] on class constants
> and enum cases as this is something the engine already supports for
> internal class constants.
>
> This does not include support for non-class based constants, because they
> don't have support for attributes at the moment and also only recently got
> reflection support (for 8.4).
>
> We are planning to work on adding $since next and get back to the list
> once that is finished.

The $since implementation is now added to the RFC and to the PR.

We decided to make this a secondary voting choice, while there are
use-cases for it in php core for doc rendering, other ways of doing the
same thing are also available and given userland frameworks stated
different requirements maybe its better left for userland to implement.