I am the author of that "stupid" commit and RFC (
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/deprecate_functions_with_overloaded_signatures#fficast_ffinew_and_ffitype
)
which you are referring to. I can understand that you are unhappy about the
outcome of the RFC, but I would have happily incorporated your feedback
into the RFC if you had provided it earlier... Unfortunately, I didn't
receive better suggestions about the FFI related parts, so I went ahead
with what I
had in mind.

That being said, I support your RFC. It seems like a better solution than
mine. However, I would ask you to change your tone to be less offensive,
because rudeness is not a welcomed behavior on the mailing list, and by the
way, we have the same ultimate goal of improving PHP, even if you are
unsatisfied with a past decision of mine.

Regards,
Máté Kocis