On 10.07.2024 at 21:24, Bilge wrote:

> On 10/07/2024 19:42, Derick Rethans wrote:
>
>> Notes where never meant to be helpful to other developers. They were
>> hints to the editors
>
> If that's the case, why would they even be public?

Actually, there are guidelines regarding the handling of user notes[1]
(I'd linked to doc.php.net, but that server is currently down).
According to these guidelines only few notes should be left (at least
regarding the notes that have been submitted in the last months, if not
years).

So while I do not agree that these notes where *never* meant to be
helpful to other developers, I would suggest to shut down that
possibility – like others have already said, there are better ways to
provide such information nowadays.

[1] <https://github.com/php/web-doc/blob/master/tutorial/user-notes.md>

Cheers,
Christoph