On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 12:59:04PM +0200, Edin Kadribasic wrote:
> However I consider crashing apache children with signal 25 when doing simple
> is_file() or fopen() on large files really harmful. Apache flat out refuses
> to start if you have enabled php error log and that file happen to be 2GB or
> bigger.

For Linux at least that was fixed since 2.0.50, or are you using 1.3
still?

w.r.t is_file() or open(), can you give more details? open() on a >2Gb
file will give EFBIG not die with SIGXFSZ.  *writing* beyond 2Gb will
die with SIGXFSZ, yes, is that what you mean?  I had a patch to make
sure SIGXFSZ was ignored but didn't bother with it since the large
logfile stuff went in which solves the common problem.

Regards,

joe