On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, Klaus Reimer wrote:

> Marcus Boerger wrote:
> >   we've haered of it in the past but it was too late to add for 4.3
> > series and obviously nobody cared to look for it for 5.0. So no the
> > next version we could add it to would be 5.1. In general the idea
> > is nice but it should also allow for script callbacks:
>
> This is possible? Up to now I thought that the retrieving and processing
> of POST data is done BEFORE the PHP script is loaded. If I'm wrong here
> it definetly would be a cool thing to have script callbacks for this.

You are not wrong, POST/GET data is parsed before the PHP scripts are
run. I also think that functionality like this should not be part of PHP
itself. It is a user interface problem, so it should be done there.

> And another neat thing would be to have access to the PHP session inside
> such a callback to store the upload progress data in it. But I think
> that's difficult because the session id is not known at this early moment.

I am not sure if the modules are loaded/activated before the request
variables are parsed, I would guess they are though.

Derick

--
Derick Rethans
http://derickrethans.nl | http://ez.no | http://xdebug.org