> > > apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs

> > > I think this should only happen with a broken libxml2 installation.  Do
> > > you have both /usr/lib64/libxml2.la and /usr/lib64/libxml2.so?  The PHP
> > > HEAD build works fine for me still.
> >
> > Yeah, but these types of message spew out for every lib - I just picked an
> example.
>
> Is that "Yeah", you *do* have both the .la and .so file in /usr/lib64,

Both files are present.

> just to confirm?  Could you upload the complete configure/make output
> somewhere so I can have a look?

http://daedal.nyphp.com/pub/

make.cvs.txt
cvs HEAD as of two days ago.

make.snap.txt
php5-200502052330.tar.gz from http://snaps.php.net

I had originally tried to build from cvs, however ran into these errors.  I
figured it was a libtool problem, and that I might as well use the snapshot so
I don't need to do a ./buildconf (even though this process worked a few months
ago).

I went with a snapshot because of the versions stated as required at
http://www.php.net/anoncvs.php.  The snapshot uses:

ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.4.3 (1.922.2.110 2002/10/23 01:39:54)

My system build environment (Fedora Core 2, updated) has the following:

ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.5.6 (1.1220.2.95 2004/04/11 05:50:42)
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
automake (GNU automake) 1.8.3

This had worked a few months ago, when we first started on this stuff.

So it seems that the libtool version required, won't work for x86_64, and more
libtool/auto* voodoo :)

Thanks Joe,

---
Hans Zaunere