Russell Nelson wrote:
> Stefan Esser writes:
>  > I agree with Rasmus. Remote URL Includes are dieing out.
>
> That's not what Rasmus said.
>
>  > Most released advisories are SQL Injections nowadays and well maybe
>  > Russells next mail says: mysql_query() considered harmful.
>
> When the top Google result for 'php security flaw' returns
> mysql_query() instead of include(), I will agree that you are correct.

I am not sure a Google search is a very good barometer here.  I'd like
to think that we are pretty good at staying on top of the security
problems reported in PHP-related applications and as such have a pretty
good idea of what the top problems are.  I rarely see these url_fopen
issues anymore.  Perhaps 2 years ago, but today it really doesn't seem
like it is even in the top 10 PHP security problems.  If you could order
your serach results by date I bet you'd see that a number of these
entries are quite old.

-Rasmus