Hello Jessie,

  what ever you want auto-of-the-box is good. I suggest the simplest
possible way as default which is we simply stay like we are doing now and
only include a replacement from ':' to the current directory separator.
That we would be searching for '.inc' and '.inc.php' per default in the
include_path directories.

marcus

Tuesday, August 2, 2005, 5:17:45 PM, you wrote:

> Forgot to mention, since I expect the majority of users to follow the PEAR
> convention for their classes (basically one class per file, file is named
> like class, with "namespace" directories), then maybe a default
> implementation can be provided in SPL's autoload. That way, namespace
> imports can be used "out of the box".

> Marcus, what do you think?

> Regards,

> Jessie Hernandez