On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 12:47:50 +0200 (CEST)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Derick Rethans) wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, Pierre-Alain Joye wrote:
>
> > But I have some about what we will do in php 5.x (without
> > unicode, namespace), and 6.0.
> >
> > I like to see once that we clearly and loudly define what we
> > want in or not. So I may waste less time than before.
>
> I see it as:
> 4.4 - no new features, no new additions. Just bugfixes.
> 5.1 - no new major features, just smaller additions.
> 6.0 - brand new experimental stuff.

That sounds basically good to me.

My small thoughts:

5.1.x - bug fixes _only_
5.x   - small additions (in my case, gd updates and merge,
        xmlwriter)
6.0   - to define, for now we have two candidates,
        unicode for sure, namespace to be discussed/approved/
        whatever

Regards,

--Pierre