On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 13:02:47 +0200 (CEST)
Derick Rethans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, Pierre-Alain Joye wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 12:47:50 +0200 (CEST)
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Derick Rethans) wrote:

> > > I see it as:
> > > 4.4 - no new features, no new additions. Just bugfixes.
> > > 5.1 - no new major features, just smaller additions.
> > > 6.0 - brand new experimental stuff.
> >
> > That sounds basically good to me.
> >
> > My small thoughts:
> >
> > 5.1.x - bug fixes _only_
> > 5.x   - small additions (in my case, gd updates and merge,
> >         xmlwriter)
>
> I don't think we should be going with another 5.x release as
> we've plenty of stuff to do for 6.0, gd updates/merges should go
> to 5.1.x too.

I'm not sure that a merge fits in 5.1.x, the amount of changes are
relatively big and are far away from bug fixes.

> If we want to include xmlwriter at all in the
> default distribution is another discussion. (So that should go to
> another thread IMO).

The discussion is already done and we agreed. It did not make it in
5.1 for various reasons. I only stated two of my todos here.

Regards,

--Pierre