Before we deep-freeze the CVS, I'd like to get my GCOV stuff committed.
The changes are relatively minor and I've already run it past Andi. I'm
trying to get around one last problem that maybe someone else can take
care of:

The basic issue is that our parsers have broken file/line preprocessor
directives... since we're pre-generating these files and then committing
them, things like #file and #line are breaking gcov because it's using
them to look for source and the paths are from whomever committed them
to begin with. I spoke with Andi about this at OSCON and we agreed that
it's probably best when GCOV is enabled to strip those preprocessor
directives out beforehand. Any other thoughts/comments? If no one has a
better solution I'll commit the code later today.

John