Wez Furlong wrote:

On 8/12/05, Wez Furlong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

A reasonable goal would be to make sure that all our extensions are
full pecl citizens, so that intermediate fixes to any of these so
called "core" extensions could be released via PECL very easily.

One of the biggest gripes our SA's have is that if they forget to
enable a core PHP extension and later need to add it, there is no easy
way to pull it in, short of recompiling PHP again.

PS: This doesn't necessarily mean that they all need to be physically
unbundled from the main distro.

Exactly, couldn't have said that better.

Mike