Hello Zeev,

>> > I'm not exactly following.  If you want to stop the application, why
>> wouldn't
>> > you simply exit()?
>>
>>I *don't* want to stop it :)

> So in that case, the implementation in zend_error_cb() should simply call
> the user error handler if it's available, or treat it as if it's E_ERROR if
> there is no user error handler.

Isn't an E_ERROR by default good enough or do you want exceptions here
always? In the former case it might be better to have a new error level
E_HINT. In the latter case maybe it might be a good idea to move the
default exceptions from ext/spl to the engine and have a 'Hint' whatever
exception class derived from RunTimeException.

Best regards,
 Marcus